Who we are
Our website address is https://gensokyo.store, also known as “Gensokyo Store” and may also be referred to in this document as “we”, “us”, and “our”.
Gensokyo Store is operated by the same team of enthusiastic fans behind Gensokyo Radio who have been in the independent music and merchandise space since 2011. Gensokyo Store serves as the storefront for Gensokyo Radio as well as third-party artists and other sellers, also referred to in this document as “vendors”.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While visiting our website, we collect information on the following:
- Products you have viewed
- We use this for things such as to show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address, and browser type
- We use this for purposes such as estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping Address
- We use this to estimate shipping before an order is placed and to ship products to customers.
When making a purchase, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes such as to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support customers.
Comments, reviews, and other user-submitted data may collect information including username, email address, and the primary text being submitted (comment, review, etc.)
Embedded content from other websites
Certain pages on the site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves the same as if the visitor had viewed the content from the source website. Some examples of websites we may embed content from include YouTube, Soundcloud, and Nicovideo.
We may provide a contact form for vendors and other visitors to submit information. A contact form may collect information such as name, email address, and response data. Data provided through a contact form is used for the purposes of providing and improving our services. Data collected through contact forms will be retained for a maximum of one year. Personal information provided through a contact form will never be used for marketing purposes.
- Leaving a comment on the site
- Saves name, email address, and website data so that users do not need to fill in details again for future comments.
- Persists for one year.
- Visiting the login page
- Determines if the user’s browser accepts cookies; contains no personal data.
- Temporary (session-based); discarded when the browser is closed.
- Logging in with an account
- Saves login information (persists for two days).
- Saves screen display choices (persists for one year).
- Selecting “Remember Me” will keep the user logged in for two weeks (persists until the user logs out).
- Adding items to the shopping cart
- Saves item quantity and products added to an individual’s shopping cart.
- Temporary (session-based); discarded when the browser is closed.
- Publishing an article or leaving a rating/review
- Saves an ID for editing purposes.
- Persists for one day.
- Google Analytics
- Stores an ID unique to our specific site.
- Persists for two years.
Who we share your data with
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. The following providers handle limited data in the areas of:
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Payment information is securely stored via PayPal; we do not store payment information on our systems.
We use an anti-spam service called Akismet to reduce the appearance of user-submitted spam on our website. Akismet may collect information including the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and site URL in addition to information associated with each comment including username, email address, and the comment itself. In this context, comments refer to most user-submitted content which may include the text portion of product reviews.
How long we retain your data
This section explains our data retention policies which have been created to help ensure we comply with our legal obligations in regards to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Usage data will be retained for a maximum of 26 months as defined by Google Analytics’ data retention policy.
- Transaction data will be retained for a maximum of 3 years as defined by PayPal’s data retention policy.
- Contact form data will be retained for a maximum of 1 year.
- Publication data (such as comments and user reviews) will be retained indefinitely unless removed by the user or the user requests their data is removed from our systems.
- Profile data (provided by a user during registration and by editing their profile) is retained indefinitely unless removed by the user or the user requests their data is removed from our systems.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
With some exceptions noted below, data submitted through our website is physically maintained by our hosting provider in Montreal, Canada, with an off-site backup maintained by our team in the United States. We use industry-standard encryption and data handling practices to transfer data between website visitors, our website, and our team in order to provide services.
The following data may be securely transferred to third-parties to fulfill specific business requirements:
- Payment data is processed through our payment processor PayPal.
- Publication data may be sent to a third-party service Akismet (owned by Automattic).
For inquiries, you may contact us via the following:
- User and Customer Support: support at gensokyo.store
- Artists, Circles, and General Sales: sales at gensokyo.store
- Twitter: @GensokyoStore
- Discord (via Gensokyo Radio): Discord.gg/Gensokyo